TEKSAVERS RIA Case Study

Enterprise IT Trading Site
Home /  Portfolio / TEKSAVERS RIA
Project Details

Company: TEKSAVERS

My Role: UX/UI Designer

Link: Not Live to Public

The Company
TEKSAVERS is a reseller of used and new IT equipment. The owner created an application with MS Access for his employees to use for posting, tracking and selling new and used IT equipment their customers were selling or purchasing.
The Problem
The Access application wasn't easy to use. Several Sale people and Buyers abandoned Using It. While others requested the customers have access to the application so they can Post their products instead of Sales and Buyers having to do it.

The Solution

TEKSAVERS needed to redesign their application so it was easy to use by all employees to prevent further abandonments. It also needed to be recreated as a web application so it can be accessed and used by customers via the web.

How I Reached My Solution

The Plan

Research

I performed contextual inquiry. I watched employees and customers as they bought and sold as I asked them questions to determine the tasks they typically take.

Analysis

I identified three persona's (Employee, Buyer and Seller) based from my research. I then created a task analysis per each persona outlining their tasks and subtasks.

Conclusion

The application needs to be redesign to integrate with the staff and customer's workflow. Furthermore, it needs to be accessible to customers for viewing and postings.

The Design Process


Mapping the Experience

During the kickoff meeting with the PM, Lead Developer, Senior Architect, we sketched out the user flow of our three primary personas (employee, buyer and seller) on a whiteboard.


Creating the Design

I sketched wireframes on the whiteboard during a collaborative meeting with the CFO, PM, Lead Developer and Senior Architect. Then I converted them to low-fidelity clickable prototypes for quick iterative user testing.


Testing the Design

I conducted a usability study of employees and customers. The goal of the study was to test the prototype and determine if the applications was easy to use, useful and reduced workload.

Results

Reduce Work Time

Number of minutes an employee spent managing a customer postings and bids went from 90 min to 15 min.

Less Time to Post

Multiple uploads of posts through an xls file and parsing the data, reduced the time from 30 mins to 45 secs.

Improved Matches

After implementing the new application, the number of matched IT equipment searches increased 44%.

 Previous  All works Next